Call for Workshops
The 9th IEEE NFV-SDN conference, which will take place in Dresden, invites proposals for one full-day or two half-day workshops to be held on Nov. 7, 2023 at the start of the main technical program. The purpose of the workshops is to complement the main conference program with forums to exchange expertise on technical aspects, development, integration, as well as standardization efforts on particularly focused areas of interest within the frame of the NFV-SDN conference. We strongly encourage proposals from both industry and academia alike.
Topics of interest and within the scope of IEEE NFV-SDN 2023 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Network Slicing in 5G/6G Systems
- NFV Evolution
- Advances in Network Services Chain
- SDN and NFV Security challenges
- Portability and benchmarking of virtual network functions
- Edge Computing synergy with NFV and SDN
- Split computing for NFV-SDN operation
- Machine learning for NFV Management and Orchestration
- NFV-SDN deployment cases across vertical sectors
- Validation and Verification of Network Services and VNFs
- Zero-touch network and Service Management
- Ultra reliable and low latency/deterministic deployments with NFV
- Energy-efficient and green software-defined infrastructures (SDI)
- Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV
Each IEEE NFV-SDN workshop proposal in a single PDF file must include:
- Name and abbreviation of the workshop.
- Names, addresses, and a short bio of the workshop organizing committee (OC) chairs.
- A brief description of the technical focus of the workshop, its motivation and its potential to complement the main conference topics.
- The Technical Program Committee (TPC) and Organizing Committee (OC) roster.
- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively and interactive discussions.
- Publicity and advertising plan to attract paper submissions and attendees.
- A draft of a 1-page Call for Papers (CfP) including title, description, topics and important dates.
Submitted Workshop proposals should not exceed 2 pages plus the 1-page CfP, and should be submitted with the subject line “IEEE NVF-SDN 2023 WORKSHOP PROPOSAL”, to the workshop program co-chairs:
Workshop submission deadline: July 14th, 2023
Notification of acceptance: July 24th, 2023